Our Annual Party & General Meeting is coming up on November 21 from 6-9pm at Hirut. Hope you can join us!
At the party you can:
- Find out how to get more involved with DECA
- Join DECA or renew your $10/year per household membership
- Meet our Board and many of our other amazing volunteers
- Meet your neighbours
- Enjoy Hirut’s delicious food (on us!)
- Vote for next year’s Board if you are a member
If you’ve never come to the Party & AGM before, the formal program usually goes from about 7:30-8:30 and it involves volunteers doing short “pitches” for their events/initiatives, the Treasurer’s report, Board elections and remarks from the Chair.
It’s always a fun night and a chance to see and reflect on what a community can achieve when we work together for positive change.
Membership and voting are limited to people who live in our catchment (Main to Lumsden/Mortimer to Monarch Park to the train tracks) but everyone who cares about this neighbourhood can come to this and all of our events.
The Board will be putting forward the following nominees for election to the 2016/17 Board:
Sheri Hebdon (Chair)
Audrey Kvedaras (Vice Chair)
Anita Schretlen (Treasurer)
Alison McMurray (Secretary)
See you on Monday!