Please let us know if you can make it by clicking on the link to fill out the form below, and also let us know about any accessibility requirements. And if you can’t make it, the form has options for you to submit questions or comments that we can share at the meeting.
RSVP form for the AGM
A reminder that as this is our AGM, you must be a member to attend. You can get or renew your membership at deca.to
As we near this annual general meeting, we thought it a good time to revisit and share DECA’s mission and guiding principles. From our constitution:
Mission:The Danforth East Community Association (DECA) mission is to build a stronger, more vibrant and walkable community, and to empower residents of our neighbourhood through community involvement.
- We are non-partisan;
- We are inclusive and respectful of our diverse communities;
- We strive to make our community safe for everyone;
- We make efforts to participate in planning that affects this community;
- We encourage revitalization that values inclusivity, diversity and environmental responsibility
- We will be a responsive, credible and representative voice for the community;
- We work to protect the natural beauty of the neighbourhood; and,
- We will facilitate the dissemination of important information to the community.
As always, we love to hear from you! email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments or questions.
The Danforth East Community Association (DECA) is a group of neighbours that started working together in 2007 to make our community more vibrant and walkable. We’ve made big changes to our little pocket, starting with our East Lynn Park Farmers’ Market, giving facelifts to a number of Danforth stores and bringing the Danforth East Community Arts Fair to the community. We call ourselves a “community” association rather than a “resident” association because we feel it is important to include residents, businesses, schools, places of worship, and other organizations in the conversations we have about how to make our home on Toronto better for all of its inhabitants. You can read our full constitution right here:
*Our catchment is between Monarch Park and Main, the railway tracks and Mortimer/Lumsden.