Local Councillors each hold a community environment day and some are coming up in our neighbourhood so mark your calendars! More info about these events below – so much happening!
Saturday May 5 | 10am-2pm |Ward 31 – Councillor Davis
East York Memorial Arena parking lot @ 888 Cosburn.
Thursday May 17 | 4-8pm | Ward 32 – Councillor McMahon
Ted Reeve Arena parking lot @ 175 Main St @ Gerrard.
Saturday June 16 | 10am-2pm |Ward 29 – Councillor Fragedakis
Dieppe Park, 445 Cosburn (between Coxwell & Greenwood)
Sunday July 1 | 10am-2pm | Ward 30 – Councillor Fletcher
Bridgepoint Hospital, 1 Bridgepoint Drive
What Can You Drop-off or Pick-Up?
Pick up for free: Compost (limit of one cubic metre per household)
Products available: Kitchen Container ($5 each)
Drop off for recycling or proper disposal
Donate items to local schools for reuse
• Yarn, knitting needles, sewing notions, buttons and keys
• Children’s books, musical instruments
• CD’s, CD cases, 35 mm cameras
• Costume jewellery including broken, old watches
• Arts and crafts supplies: pencils, crayons, markers
• Corks, cork boards, clipboards
• Dress up clothing: costumes, prom dresses, uniforms
Donate items for reuse
(Please keep these separate from other items)
• Sporting goods (e.g., skates, hockey equipment, bikes, rackets, etc.)
• Books (excluding school/university curriculum books)
• Eyeglasses, walking aids, hearing aids, etc.
• Small household items (e.g., dishes, ornaments, kitchen utensils, artistic drawings, games, etc.)
• Textiles in good condition (e.g. clothing, linens, etc.)
• Non-perishable foods will be donated to a food bank
Note: You can recycle plastic shopping bag, foam polystyrene, empty paint and aerosol cans in your blue recycling bin.
Please do not bring construction waste, air conditioners, garbage, wood, cassette and videotapes, commercial/ industrial hazardous waste and scrap metal.