What to get the person (young or less young) who has everything?
For those who are less young, you might want to make your way to the Gledhill school auction on Thursday, Dec. 9th from 7 – 10 p.m. (Live auction at 7:30 p.m.) This is a 19 yrs+ event. Admission is $2 or non-perishable food item. Gledhill school is behind the Honda dealership at Danforth and Gledhill Ave. A few of the items on the block include:
- Raptors Tickets (Dec. 22nd vs. Detroit Pistons) Two seats in a mid-court private box including food and drink. Valued close to $600.
- Maple Leafs tickets
- Scores of beautiful hand-made jewellery from local artists such as Fine Silver Girl, Marmalade Designs and Circa1890.com
- ‘Reporter For A Day’ – spend the day shadowing Toronto Star reporter/columnist, Catherine Porter and learn her tricks of the trade
- 12 Days of Christmas baking – get twelve dozen unique homemade baked treats delivered to your door in time for the holidays
- More than 200 other items up for a fraction of their retail value.
For those who are more young…there is the Little Footprint Toys ‘pop-up’ sale this weekend. A photographer, Kim Reain, will be on hand on Saturday between 11 and 4 to take pictures of your adorable children – copies of which will be available to purchase from her website after the sale.
Share Share Share
We’re all about sharing the love here at the diaries and some good local shoppers have posted a few great ideas about local gift-giving. Here are a few of the offerings:
- “I often buy a selection of gourmet cooking oils, vinegars and seasonings at Royal Beef for cooks on my list, and to use as hostess gifts. It’s also a good gift idea for “Secret Santa” gift-giving at the office. For cat/dog lovers, definitely Wag on the Danforth”. – Pat
- Playmobil toys from John’s Hobbies for my daughter and nephew. Beautiful seasonal floral arrangements from Darling Flowers for my mother-in-law. Wool for projects (or cute and reasonable handmade items if there’s not time for projects) from The Wool Mill. Gift certificate to Value Village for the serious thrifters in my life. Basket of delicious selection of dried fruits and nuts from Better Bulk for the group gift (daycare, office staff, etc.) – Rebecca
True Brew Open Mic Night
This Friday starting at 7 p.m. make your way to True Brew Cafe, just east of Woodbine, for open mic night. Bring an instrument and get down with your funky self! Both players and listeners welcome…no experience necessary for either. All ages welcome.
Nutralicious Kitchen serves up healthy meals-to-go from Woodbine and Mortimer/Lumsden. Owner/chef/personal trainer, Tony Landry is offering a new series of specials including the Thursday Night Special. Buy one hot table entree and the second one is half price! Its a great deal and the second meal will keep for the next day or two.