As hot as it has been it is hard to believe that summer is winding down and fall is right around the corner. Come out and enjoy the heat while it lasts at the final farmer’s market in August! Here’s the run down of what you can expect this week:
- Celebrate 10 years with Fly Girl Fitness: Fly Girl Fitness is celebrating its 10th year helping our community to live a healthy and holistic lifestyle. They offer group training and mindful movement classes along with private training to increase confidence, gain a mind body connection and prevent disease. They will be offering a free Fitness for Boomers at the market. Come out to meet the staff, get information or try a class!
- Rube Goldberg and spinning art machines with TTL Kids: Rube Goldberg Machines are always intriguing, come and see what kind of chain reactions the Young Makers have designed this week. Starting at 4pm the spinning art machines will be back courtesy of the Tool Library! Young Makers can explore motors and switches while creating their own piece of art.
- Music and creative activities with Blossoming Minds: Enjoy musical activities with Kinder Flute teacher Stephanie Superle and self-guided creative activities with Krista Dahlgren from the Blossoming Minds Learning Centre.
- Danforth East Arts Fair in September: The Danforth East Arts Fair is coming September 17-18! Find out more about the fair and how you can help at the market.
- 13th Street Winery: Stop by for a sample of chardonnay from 13th Street Winery who come to us from the St. Catharines region.
And this just in – we will have a book of well wishes for Penny Oleksiak available for neighbours to sign. We will present it to her on Sunday following the parade (join us in DECA cheering section from East Lynn Ave to Woodbine!)
The East Lynn Farmers’ Market runs every Thursday from 3-7:00 p.m. between June 2 – October 13 at East Lynn Park, located on the south side of Danforth Ave, just west of Woodbine Ave. Stay up to date by visiting the East Lynn Market Facebook page or by following us on Twitter.