We’re having a party in the laneway and you’re invited! If you’ve never been to a laneway crawl – you’re in for a treat. We have lots of free activities for all ages including a scavenger hunt, Zumba dancing, live music, pick-up street hockey and the longest hopscotch in the east end. We’re so excited to be collaborating with our friends East End Arts and the Laneway Project. Woo hoo! Mark your calendars, just over a week to go!
What: Danforth East Laneway Crawl
Where: The laneway north of Danforth between Woodbine and Woodmount.
When: Sunday August 28th, 1:00-5:00pm.
There’s something for everyone. Come find us on Sunday, August 28th 1-5pm!
- Play on the longest hopscotch in the east end
- Try Zumba dancing
- Meet Buttons the clown
- Have some bubbly fun in the lane with Silly Goose
- Play pick-up street hockey
- Get a beautiful henna tattoo
- Visit the City Doctors
- Watch seven artists create murals (Also not to be missed Art of the Danforth Aug 20-28!)
- Shop the nooks on the lane by Design Nook
- Relax on our patio with live music and free cold refreshments courtesy of Paul Indrigo.
- Suggest a name for the laneway
- Dream about the future with folks from Laneway Futures
- Solve the clues on our scavenger hunt by Looking Glass Games
- Join a Pokemon Go Worshop in the lane from 1-2pm with Face to Face Games
- Play some awesome free games on Woodmount outside Game Masters Table
Share the event on Facebook and come out for some fun, rain or shine!
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can lend a hand or if you have a question about the Crawl. We need a few more volunteers and you’ll be working with an awesome group of neighbours.
- On Thurs. Aug. 25 between 4-8pm we need help painting/ priming walls and doors to get ready for the murals. Meet in the lane and work any 2 hour shift.
- On Aug. 28, help out by directing people through the lane or work on any activity team (two hour shifts).
A great big thank you to all the businesses and residents for lending us their garages and driveways to host the activities. We are so grateful to the amazing mural artists who will be beautifying the laneway with their work. Support from TD Foundation, the City of Toronto & StreetARToronto is gratefully acknowledged.
See you at the #DanforthEast Laneway Crawl!