MPP Michael Prue will be hosting a public meeting tomorrow night (Thursday, Nov. 25th, 7-9 p.m.) to talk about rising hydro rates. The meeting will happen at 2174 Danforth Ave. at the Danforth Mennonite Church – just east of Woodbine. For more information contact 416-690-1032 or www.michaelprue.com
Safety Tips From Toronto Police – 55 Division
- Park in well lit areas with pedestrian traffic. Lock your car.
- Hide valuables in a secure location, out of view of passersby. Even a bag going to Goodwill is alluring as the contents are unknown to the thief.
- Do not leave change in the console or within view.
- Completely close your car windows.
- Install a safety alarm in your vehicle.
- Never leave your keys in the vehicle unattended.
- Have signage located on the car that warns of any deterrents likes alarms.
- Lock vehicles even if in a locked garage.
- Keep registration and insurance on your person, not in the car.
- Have someone shovel your sidewalks when away. You have 24 hours after a snowfall to shovel your walks. Assist the elderly and disabled if they don’t have help.
- Lock doors and windows – including garage and sheds.
- Give your house a lived in look.
- Don’t put your Christmas presents under the tree that are visible from a front window, especially if visible from the street.
- Make a home inventory checklist for things of value.