In the coming weeks, the DECA bloggers (Sheri and Shelley) will be telling you more about ourselves, and about the rest of the DECA Board members. For Shelley and I, you will learn that we are busy working moms, with five kids under the age of 4 between us, and you will understand why there are times when there are no blog posts for a bit, and then a really, really, long one with all sorts of events listed. So while we strive for logical themes, clever segues and pictures in our posts, this one is just going to be a whack of info and dates. Hopefully there is something that will make you flag this for follow up. (Or maybe you get regular REM sleep and have that thing known as “memory”, but I digress.)
In chronological order:
Friday, April 5, 2013 @ 1:00 – 9:30 p.m.
Artisans-at-Work “First Friday”
Location: 2071 Danforth Avenue @ Woodbine
- One of many, many amazing events going on at Artisans-at-Work, the newest community hub in our neighbourhood.
For more info on all of the interesting classes, events, workshops and learning opportunities on offer at Artisans, visit their events page here.
Monday, April 8, 2013 @ 7:00 p.m.
Danforth Mosaic BIA monthly meeting
Location: Toronto Model Photography, 1840 Danforth Avenue @ Glebemount
- Come one, come all! Hear what the BIA is working on and have a say – remember, they are partially funded by your tax dollars! (BIAs are funded by levies paid by the local businesses, and by the City)
Saturday, April 14, 2013 @ 12:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Free Art Exhibit, “Colour of My Soul”, by local artist Renata Dusk
Location: Leeman Nautical Home Decor and Giftware, 1202 Woodbine Avenue @ Mortimer
- It’s finally warm out, so take a walk up Woodbine and visit this amazing new store to see some beautiful art!
Leemen is a new store a 1202 Woodbine Avenue – the only store in Toronto selling Nautical Home Decor and Giftware, as well as a wide range of unique gifts for your Cottage and Home. On April 14, 2013, we are hosting an Art Show featuring the work of local artist, Renata Dusk. Her Show is called “Colour of My Soul”, and it will run from 12:00 to 6:00 pm. The Artist’s medium is Acrylic and her web site can be found here.
Monday – Thursday, April 22-25 @ 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Business Basics Bootcamp, Free business classes offered by Enterprise Toronto
Free Admission, but space is limited – see below for registration info
Location: East York Civic Centre, 850 Coxwell Avenue @ Mortimer
- Thanks to Councillor Fragedakis, Ward 29, for arranging these helpful sessions in our neck of the woods!
- Click here for the website – registration required!
Speaking of Facebook, have you “liked” us yet? If not, click here. We’re on Twitter too @DECAdiaries (of course)!