A huge, big thank you to everyone for coming out and making last week’s Danforth East Dreams event such a fun and successful day!
Over 400 (!) of you joined us to share what you love about the ‘hood and your dreams about how we can make it even better. There were tons of great ideas, including:
- starting a community garden (Attention those of you who loved this idea: good news is coming soon!)
- a neighbourhood wide golf tournament in which everyone sets up a hole on their lawn
- bringing back monarch butterflies to Monarch Park
- bike lanes on Danforth
- converting the TTC buildings at Coxwell (South side of Danforth) into a public space with a park, stores and housing
- rabbits (the young lady didn’t elaborate on her vision, but rabbits are indeed pretty cool all on their own)
We even spied an idea that looked an awful lot like a marriage proposal (possibly a DECA first?). We’ll continue collecting all the ideas and share the full results in the next few weeks. Until then, have a look at the fantastic pictures taken by Bruce, Tina and Casey. See if you spot your idea or recognize someone you know posing with their dream.
Once again, many thanks to Melanie’s Bistro, Moberly Natural Foods, Beau’s, LEN, Rebel Therapy Yoga, Air Zound bike horns, Ankh Yoga, 32 Spokes, Mrs. Darling’s Imaginarium for Girls & Boys, Councillor Mary-Margaret McMahon for the use of her popcorn machine, the Toronto Repair Cafe and the owners of 1811 Danforth, Haig and David.