Here’s an update on one of the Pop-Up Shops from Tara S.
We are looking for artists and crafters to participate in our Pop-Up Shop project on the Danforth, between Coxwell and Woodbine. As discussed previously, there is an energetic and passionate group of people working on the Renew East Danforth project to fill empty storefronts and find long term tenants for the building owners.
For the holiday shopping month of December, we have 4 or 5 stores taking part, creating a festive, well advertised and celebrated event. One of the stores will be holding an “indoor craft show“, a place for artists to show & sell their wares during the peak shopping season on the Danforth.
Table space rental: One weekend($75), all 5 weekends($325), weekdays($20/day) or the whole month($525).
Hours open to public:
- Monday to Friday: 10am to 5pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 9am to 6pm
If you are interested in renting a table, here are the details:
- Artists must come one hour before store opening to set up products.
- Tables are 8ft long. Without a table, the space is approximately 8 x 3 ft. Cost of table rental is extra, price is dependent on the number of days you rent. Your own set-up is welcome as an alternative.
- Artists are asked to submit by email: 5 photos of their work, with prices for those in pictures, retail/exhibition history, a short artist biography describing process of creation, price range of work, contact information, and any other relevant information. The submissions will be juried and payment will be required soon after that time.
- Please email Tara for more details: Please type “Pop-Up Craft Show” in the subject line.
- Application deadline : Wednesday November 21!
Following the craft sales in December, we are searching for artists to share the rent one of the spaces as a co-op work and sales space. Any enquiries are welcome!