Are we ever lucky. Not only do we have a new pop-up shop opening this week (Lemon Drop Clothing – with cool custom fit dresses for all shapes ands sizes), we have all the pop-ups AND many existing local businesses participating in a late night shopping experience this Friday evening. So if you still have people yet to be crossed off your nice list I suggest you hit the beat on Friday Night. I hear some of the shops will have in-store specials and warm beverages to go along with their extended hours!
And this week in Pop-Up Events…
Thursday, December 13th
- LEN: It’s on LEN! – get a free cappuccino at Seb’s with every purchase of $25 or more.
Friday, December 14th
- CareerFit Mom: Interested in a new career? Beth will be running a Career Transition for Moms session at 1:15 p.m. with a focus on brainstorming new job opportunities and how to market yourself. ($30 + tax)
Saturday, December 15th
- Pop Goes the Easel: Stories, Songs and Play-Along with Nathalie Vachon and Ross Lynde. 1:00-3:00 ($5 each, $10 family)
- CareerFit Mom: Shake some wiggles out at the Family Dance Party with kid-friendly music, lots of space to show off dance moves from all ages and stages. 3:00-5:00 p.m. (Free with donation to toy/food drive item)
Sunday, December 16th
- LEN: Today’s the day to think about Fine Art either as a gift or a treat for your home. With LEN’s democratic prices starting at $100, everyone can afford to buy an original work by a Canadian artist. And on the 16th, 10% of all Fine Art sales will be donated to Sketch: Working Arts for street involved and homeless youth.
Tuesday, December 18th
- Pop Goes the Easel: Painting/Mixed Media Workshop, 7pm- 9:30pm ($35, please email)
And while you’re out and about this week, don’t forget to stop by the new Artisans at Work store (2071 Danforth Ave). Each week there are about 20 new artisans displaying their wears.
Here’s a peak into two of the pop-ups and some shots of last weekends flashmob.