Mark Your Calendars: The Danforth East Arts Fair Returns Sept. 16-17, 2017!
The clock on the Danforth East Arts Fair website is counting down the weeks (3 weeks, 0 days, 21 hours and 3 minutes at the time of writing, to be exact) left to go until the best arts fair in Toronto returns to East Lynn Park.
If you haven’t been before, you don’t want to miss out! The Fair is a chance to stroll around the park, maybe stopping for a bite to eat while catching up with your neighbours or listening to some live music–all while being treated to dozens of local artisans’ wares.
In honour of DECAF turning 9 this year, here are the top 9 things you need to know about the Arts Fair (and why you should support it):
- There is no admission fee to visit the Fair on Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 16-17, 10 am-5 pm! The live entertainment and activities are all free too.
- There is something for everyone, with prices ranging from $5 to over $1000.
- There are over 70 amazing local artisans and food vendors to see and taste! Check the Fair’s Facebook and Instagram accounts for daily vendor profiles, and start making your wish list now. Follow #decaf17 so you don’t miss anything.
- There is live music to keep your ears entertained while you browse or take a break. On Saturday, Sept. 16, catch Kristen Lindell, Jeremy and Jenn, and Lisa Olafson. And on Sunday, Sept. 17, you’ll hear the sweet sounds of Brynn Leger, Pete Eastmure and AnimalKyngdom, and Jeremy and Jenn.
- There are amazing local food vendors to keep you fueled. Grab a coffee, or enjoy a fabulous picnic. This year, look for Celena’s Bakery, East of York, our local Magic Oven, Sweet Serendipity, Taste the Tornado, and The Borough. Yum.
- There is free visual entertainment as well! Catch The S.P.A.C.E on Saturday, Sept. 16 at noon-12:30 pm, and on Sunday, Sept. 17, see The Upper Beaches Music School from noon-12:30 pm and Pegasus Dance Studios from 12:30-1:00 pm.
- There are lots of activities to keep kids entertained too! Be sure to check out Silly Goose Kids from 10:00 am-1:00 pm and The Toronto Tool Library from 2:00-5:00 pm on Saturday, Sept. 16. Sunday, Sept. 17’s kids event line up will be DeSerres from 10:00 am-1:00 pm, and Pegasus Dance Studios from 2:00-5:00 pm.
- This year’s generous sponsors who help keep our non-profit Fair going are DECA, and from our fabulous local business community: TrustRealtyGroup, our local DeSerres, Fresh Paint Studio + Cafe, and Toronto Honda. And Damon from PRESS Books. Coffee. Vinyl. is donating coffee from his shop to all the artists.
- The Arts Fair and DECA overall is entirely volunteer run. All of this amazingness is orchestrated by your neighbours who want our ‘hood to be more vibrant and fun. Thank you, Arts Fair volunteers!
Stay tuned to the blog for more on the Arts Fair as the weeks count down. See you at the Fair!