Murals, fairies, another pop-up shop success and NOW Magazine nominations!
Coxwell Barns Mural
East End Arts is teaming up with a esteemed artist Sean Martindale to paint a mural on the wall of the Coxwell Barns (south-east corner of Danforth & Coxwell, just south of Danforth) from August 24-end of Sept (approx). Other than just telling you about this awesome project, there are two other things you need to know:
- Are you interested in volunteering to help paint the new mural? If so, come to a volunteer info session on Monday, August 24, 5-6 pm at TKO’s (Coxwell & Danforth). All are welcome – no experience necessary! If you can’t attend the session but you want to help out, please join the project’s Facebook event and to keep track of sign-up slots when they have a schedule.
- The project is looking for the following supplies to help with this mural – please contact email@example.com if you can share any of the following:
- a sturdy rolling cart capable of carting full buckets of paint/water (may get paint on it, 1 needed from August 24 – end of Septladders ( 6 ft, 8 ft) – needed 1 or 2 from August 24 – end of Sept
- step stools – needed 1 or 2 from August 24 – end of Sept
- 1 high quality, long (at least a meter) level – must be strong, engineering-type quality here! (warning: may get paint on it)
If you can help or want more info, please contact Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org!
The fairies are so busy but are wrapping up at the end of the month so make sure to keep up to date on all of their comings and goings!
Another Pop-Up Shop Success! Congrats to the Handwork Dept!
Last week we were so happy to tell you that Merrily, merrily is now a permanent store on our strip! So it’s doubly exciting to tell you that another of our current pop-up shops has signed a lease! The Handwork Dept will be moving to 1898 Danforth (formerly Jenny’s Floral Boutique). If you haven’t been yet, you should go. It is part gallery, part trip down memory lane (depending on how old you are) and all-around awesome shopping experience. Thanks to Maggie the owner for giving us one more interesting, unique and fun store to visit.
Also need to acknowledge our dedicated pop-up shop team. Gay, Tina, Cath, Anita and so many others have worked so hard to transform and revitalize our neighbourhood through our pop-up shop project. It’s a huge project that involves countless hours of work, and every success happens because this team has made it happen.
Now Magazine Best of Toronto Nominations
Now’s Best of Toronto nominations are out and our neighbourhood is very well represented. While it’s an honour to be nominated, what we need is to WIN! Our friends at Moberly have put together a handy cheat sheet for all our local nominations. You can vote from all of your devices, so please get in as many clicks as possible. Show Toronto why the east end is the best end.
A few snaps from some of our local winners last year to show you that we can totally do this!!