Pride at the Market is this Thursday (June 30)
For the first time ever, DECA is celebrating Pride at the East Lynn Farmers’ Market this week, led by our newest group, DECA Pride.
A rainbow-themed market works so well because so many colourful fruits and veggies are making their appearance at this time of year, along with increasing numbers of farmers’ stalls each week.
And for all of your Pride/Canada weekend fun, you can also buy wine (from Niagara’s Rancourt Winery this week) cheese, baked goods and other delicious things.
Here’s the fun in store this week:
- pride-inspired crafts courtesy of Silly Goose Kids from 4:00-5:30pm, AND with Toronto Tool Library Kids (TTL Kids) from 5:30-7:00pm
- pride giveaways courtesy of TD Bank (limited supply)
- facepainting from 4:00-6:30pm
- wading pool fun (Parks has said that they will make sure to open the pool that day!)
- in our wellness booth, Elevated Health Associates bring us FREE chair massage and reflexology PLUS discounts on foam rollers and Natural Calm products
Happy Pride & looking forward to seeing you on Thursday!
If you would like to join the DECA Pride email list, click here to drop us a line.
Thanks to Angela Wagner/Umlaut Design for the poster.
Market Help Needed
Market volunteers are still needed, especially for tear down help at 6:45pm each week. Please send an email if you can help. Perfect for a high school student looking for hours or any other kind soul(s) who can be available.
The East Lynn Farmers’ Market runs every Thursday from 3-7:00 p.m. between June 2 – October 13 at East Lynn Park, located on the south side of Danforth Ave, just west of Woodbine Ave. Stay up to date by visiting the East Lynn Market Facebook page or by following us on Twitter.