There will be ponies. There will be bouncy castles. There will be music. And so, so much more.
We’re celebrating the harvest this week at HARVEST MOON, and this is our biggest festival of the year thanks to generous contributions from two local businesses, SUGARMOON and Alterna Savings. If there was ever a week to cancel your afternoon meetings and pack your picnic basket, this is it.
Here is a rundown of Thursday’s activities:
- A bouncy castle and a bouncy obstacle course starting at about 3:00 p.m.
- Ever been on a pony? Now’s your chance. Pony rides will be available from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- The friendly folks from SUGARMOON will be on hand to answer all of your questions about body sugaring and other services and products available at this sweet spot on the Danforth. They will also be showcasing their first sugaring take-home kit.
- Mrs. Darling will be back with magnificent pumpkin painting crafts starting at 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. Feel free to bring your own mini pumpkin. She will also have some available for purchase.
- Garden Mum will provide advice about what to do to close up the garden for the season and indoor gardening tips starting at 5:00 p.m.
- The Touch Table from the Toronto Zoo will be on hand to their hands-on display of plant and animal biofacts starting at 4:00 p.m.
- Ceiligrass Boys will be belting out bluegrass melodies to help set the mood.
Tell your children. Tell your friends. Tell your friends’ children. This week promises not to disappoint!
The East Lynn Farmer’s Market runs every Thursday from 3-7 p.m. between June-October at East Lynn Park, located on the south side of Danforth Ave, just west of Woodbine Ave.