Farmers’ Market This Week
There is about one month left of our magnificent farmers’ market. Be sure to stock up on local produce before it’s too late! Here’s a run down of today’s activities:
- Mrs. Darling’s crafts: This will be the last week for crafts with Mrs. Darling before she moves her magic indoors with her art classes at Artisans-at-Work. Come craft and say good-bye for the season, starting at 4:30 p.m.
- City of Toronto – Planning in Public Spaces: City Planners are doing some planning in public spaces this year and will be at the market to hear from you. Bring your ideas and questions about growth and development in our community to their tent this week.
- Rob from Alistair Ant will be back with his guitar and songs starting at 4:30 p.m.
September Shop Local Specials!
Have you seen those Shop Local signs popping up around the ‘hood, reminding you to support your local retailers? Here’s a round-up of some of the specials businesses are featuring this September to make shopping locally even more enticing:
- The Canine Social Company‘s selection of summer stuff for Fido is all 15% off.
- Impressions Dental Hygiene Spa is offering a 25% discount on initial exams
- Melanie’s Bistro has the following mouth-watering deals: 3 course prix fixe dinner every Tues., Wed. & Thurs. for $28.00 (includes your choice of mains from the regular dinner menu). Sunday Night Steak Dinner 3 course prix fixe for $32.00. And Tues.-Fri. at lunch, homemade BBQ pulled pork for $6.00.
- The Pillow Shoppe is taking 20% off their fabulous, Canadian-made pillows.
- Universal Diapers Baby Store has a bonanza of baby deals: disposable diapers and wipes are all on sale, plus soft leather booties are $11.97 (reduced from $14.99) and rain boots are $11.97 (reduced from $15.99)
Happy (local) shopping!