Sniffle. It’s time to say farewell to our farmers for yet another year. Don’t forget to come to East Lynn Park on Thursday to say goodbye in person and fill your cellars and freezers with local delights. This year we tried to give you some insight into the farmers, their families and their products by profiling them on the blog. We hope you enjoyed.
Thank you to all the farmers:
- Steacy, Scott and Grace Anne of Primeridge Pure
- Jay of Danbrie Farms
- The Larry Short Clan of Sun Ray Orchards
- Angela and Matteo of Loffredo Fruit Farms
- Josh of Belanger’s Organic Farm
- Nabhan and Anne of O.K. Farms
- Gary and Larry of Godelie Farmily Farm
- Gilbert of Cookstown Greens
- John and Irina of Bees Universe
- Boz and crew from Bosco Farms
Once again our community showed their appreciation to the farmers by providing a lovely dinner each week. Thank you to this year’s line-up of culinary volunteers: Alisa Metcalfe, Shelley Pogue, Diana Gonzalaz, Ruth Heathcote, Catherine Dorton, Nicola St. John, Kirsten Hurd, Mary Egan, Melanie’s Bistro, Amoy Lowe, Susan & Bruce Crofts, Nicola Yap, Brenda Chow, Susan Spratley, Patricia Chartier, Ruth, Tak Bui, Sheila Colla, and the Ceili Cottage. If you’re interested in helping out next year, please email shelleydarling(at)yahoo.ca.
And thanks to all of you for supporting the local farmers each week and making the East Lynn Farmers’ Market the best in the city.
See you next year!