Thanks to Miara Nasar, #DECAF16 volunteer, for this guest post.
The 8th annual Danforth East (Community) Arts Fair, or #DECAF16, will be held at East Lynn Park next weekend, Sept. 17-18, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This is an exciting event and an amazing way to end the summer season!
There are so many reasons to attend the fair but here are just eight:
- Support local artisans: DECAF is host to so many local artists showcasing their work and craft to the community. Traditionally, the majority of the fair’s artists come from East Danforth neighbourhoods. DECAF allows for a space where smaller artists are able to share their work to the public. (Click here to see a park map of exhibitors.)
- Build a stronger sense of community: Attending the fair can let you connect to others in your neighbourhood and let you make new friendships and connections. (Want to volunteer at the Fair? SIGN UP HERE to be part of this great event!)
- Find unique items: DECAF will be featuring many different artists with a multitude of talents. We have painters, jewelers, clothing designers, natural skin care products and more to discover at the fair!
- Taste amazing foods: Our food vendors include Celena’s Bakery, Sweet Serendipity, Taste the Tornado and The Borough.
- Fun for the whole family: There is a range of activities targeted for different ages to make everyone happy. Bring your family and friends to experience the fair together!
- Become inspired: With an eclectic mix of artists such as Attn2detail Designs, Binksy & Bobo, CGMonsters and KWP Design, just to name a few, and all the beautiful imagery, creativity is bound to be instilled within you. You also have the chance to interact with the artists themselves to engage in deeper discussions about their work.
- Live entertainment: Live music will be playing all throughout the event to keep the crowd on their feet. Bust out your favourite dance moves! You are guaranteed to have non-stop fun!
- It’s free: Best of all, DECAF is free to attend for anyone and everyone! Spread the word and bring your friends and family to make the most of the fair. They will thank you for bringing them! We hope to see you all soon!
Follow us on social media and tag us with #DECAF16: