We are very excited to announce that this year’s Annual General Meeting will be held in person again at Hirut Cafe and Restaurant at 2050 Danforth on Monday, April 3 at 7pm (doors open at 6:30). A light buffet will be provided.
Please let us know if you can make it by clicking on the link to fill out the form below, where you can also tell us about any accessibility requirements. And if you can’t make it, the form has options for you to submit questions or comments that we can share at the meeting.
A reminder that as this is our AGM, you must be a member to attend. You can get or renew your membership at deca.to
As we near this annual general meeting, we thought it a good time to revisit and share DECA’s mission and guiding principles. From our constitution:
Mission: The Danforth East Community Association (DECA) mission is to build a stronger, more vibrant and walkable community, and to empower residents of our neighbourhood through community involvement.
- We are non-partisan;
- We are inclusive and respectful of our diverse communities;
- We strive to make our community safe for everyone;
- We make efforts to participate in planning that affects this community;
- We encourage revitalization that values inclusivity, diversity and environmental responsibility
- We will be a responsive, credible and representative voice for the community;
- We work to protect the natural beauty of the neighbourhood; and,
- We will facilitate the dissemination of important information to the community.
As always, we love to hear from you! email us at email@example.com with any comments or questions.