“Why are all those people in the Park?” A Farmers’ Market! Of Course!
If you are newer to the Danforth East area or perhaps have only recently discovered the East Lynn Farmers’ Market, check out this video about the history of how DECA Board Member Alison McMurray and the Farmerlicious Femmes transformed the park with a farmers’ market. And we’re all thankful they did!
What’s on this week:
- Naturopathic Doctor Nana Jokura will be offering free tongue and pulse diagnosis and will be discussing how to enjoy a healthy natural summer (3:00-5:00 pm)
- Mrs. Darling’s will be running her creative craft table (starting at 4:30 pm)
- Students from Silver Spirit Karate Club will provide market goers with a demonstration (4:30 pm)
- The Patchamama Quilt group will be on hand with information about how to express your hopes and dreams for Mother Earth and contribute to a quilt reflecting the expressions of support for the Universal Declaration of the Rights of Mother Earth to be presented at the United Nations
- A birdie told me that there might be some henna artists hanging out at the face painting tent. You’ll just have to show up to find out!
Don’t forget to send your best market pictures to events(at)danfortheastcommunityassociation.com . We intend to use the pictures you submit on our blog, facebook page and website.
The East Lynn Farmer’s Market runs every Thursday from 3-7 p.m. between June 6 – October 17 at East Lynn Park, located on the south side of Danforth Ave, just west of Woodbine Ave. Stay up to date by visiting the new East Lynn Market Facebook page.
ABC’s of Positive Discipline Workshop
If you have a misbehaving munchkin then this workshop might be for you. Check out the poster below for the full details of a parenting course on positive discipline to be held at Artisans At Work on July 18th. Happy parenting! (Cost $15)