The Holiday Festival weekend is almost here!
Friday December 13th: Danforth East retailers will be staying open until 10 pm to help you power through your gift list. Plus, they’re making it a party with all sorts of festive fun going on while you browse. Grab some dinner from Carter’s; have a cider at Zilberschmuck and listen to your holiday favourites being played on a steel drum at Silly Goose. Participating retailers and extras are listed below. Don’t forget your coupon book!
We’ll also be raising money for our local Salvation Army during the night with a gift wrapping station at Artisans at Work. It’s win-win: you save yourself time while doing good.
- Artisans at Work, 2071 Danforth. Charity giftwrapping station! Drop by and get your gifts wrapped until 10 pm. Proceeds will go to the local Salvation Army.
- Bella Lite, 1989 Danforth
- Canine Social Company, 1872 Danforth
- Carter’s Ice Cream, 3 Woodmount Ave. Serving soup and sandwiches to fuel your shopping engine! Kawartha dairy egg nog and candy cane ice cream too while they last.
- Cheap Thrills, 1811 Danforth
- FaReal Custom Tees, 1900 Danforth
- In This Closet: Thrift for Her, 1765 Danforth
- LEN, 698 Coxwell
- Lifer Tattoo Studio, 1769 Danforth
- McCormick’s Imports, 1347 Danforth
- Melanie’s Bistro, 1870 Danforth. Get 10% off gift certificates of $100 or more purchased during the Late Night event!
- Off the Rack, 1714 Danforth
- The Pillow Shop, 1434 Danforth. Featuring local mixed-media artist Gordana Olujic.
- Pose Hair Design, 1771 Danforth
- Plank Road Market, 1716 Danforth
- Royal Beef, 1968 Danforth. Free samples while you shop!
- Silly Goose Kids, 2054 Danforth. Enjoy live steel drum music while you browse.
- Toronto Model Photography, 1840 Danforth
- Wag on the Danforth, 1918 Danforth
- Zilberschmuck Jewellery, 1938 Danforth. Free warm cider!
Saturday, December 14th: This is going to be, hands down, the best lighting ceremony in the city. Who else is going to have fire-eaters alongside jolly old Santa, huh?
We’ll hit the switch at East Lynn at 5:30, but you’ll want to get to the park at 4:00 to meet Santa (a.k.a. Canine Social Company‘s Sharon Hogg), check out those fire-eaters from Zero Gravity Circus, get a hot chocolate from Melanie’s Bistro‘s and Woodgreen and a treat from Celena‘s. There will also be gift bags and dog treats courtesy of Wag on the Danforth, plus live music courtesy of Elite Music (thanks to Show Pro for providing the equipment).
Please bring a non-perishable food item (or several) to help fill up our donation bin for the Salvation Army. All this is free, but we’d love a few extra hands at the end of the night to help clean up.
Send any pictures of either event you’d like to share to decadiaries (at) gmail.com. We’d love to see them!
Big thanks to our sponsors, the Danforth Mosaic BIA, greenwood community association and BMO.