Time to start building your FROZEN MARKET!
- Throw an extra few cobs of corn in your boiling water the next time you’re eating it and then shave the corn off into a plastic bag and stuff it in the freezer for the winter. Nothing like a taste of summer sunshine in the dead of winter!
- Grab an extra pint of berries and peaches from your favourite farmer then slice them and freeze them separately on a cookie sheet – after stick them in a container or bag in the freezer for the winter. They’re delicious in your smoothies, porridge, and baking when it’s cold and blustery outside!
- Stock up on your delicious organic meat, bison burgers, and homemade healthy bread and hoard them in your freezer for winter treats.
- Look into building a cold storage for your root veggies.
- Sign up for one of our wild & crazy Canning Sessions
Hunker Down and get ready for your cozy winter with yummy, local food from your favourite Ontario Farmers!
Sorry about the Corn Boil mix-up last week – bring your hearty appetite and your bib to the market for your freshly cooked & buttered corn of the cob this week!
While you’re devouring your butter-drenched cob, listen to some homegrown local talent @ our East Lynn Idol Contest!