Dramatic increase in nighttime break-and-enters into residences, Update, Suspect description and photograph of suspect’s shoes released, 55 Division
Monday, December 1, 2008 – 2:21 PM
In the middle of October, police started an investigation into a series of nighttime break-and-enters into residences.
Over the last three weeks, there have been 40 nighttime break-and-enters into residences.
The suspect is described as male, white, 6′, 170 lbs., dark hair with a slim build.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5500, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637).
Police advise residents to do the following:
1) ensure all doors and windows are locked,
2) ensure house locks and exterior lights are working,
3) report any suspicious activities to police,
4) remove items that obstruct the view of your doors,
5) secure exterior items, such as ladders and garbage bins, that may be used to assist people in gaining access into your home.
Constable Tony Vella, Public Information, for Inspector Peter Yuen, 55 Division