Toronto Police Service
25 people face 81 charges in prostitution investigation, 54 Division
Monday, August 25, 2008 – 4:16 PM
In May 2008, 54 Division officers from the Major Crime Unit and Community Response Unit responded to concerns from area residents, businesses, and city councillors regarding illegal health spas in the East York area.
It is alleged that:
– these businesses were fronts for prostitution-related services,
– nine warrants were executed,
– police seized $25.000 and a quantity of ecstasy and marijuana.
25 people were arrested and charged with 81 criminal offences, including Owning and Keeping a Common Bawdy House, Inmate of a Common Bawdy House and Found-In of a Common Bawdy House.
Warrants were executed at the following addresses:
1. Holistic Senses Spa – 837 O‚Connor Drive,
2. Sky Spa ˆ 985 O‚Connor Drive,
3. Rubyna‚s Salon and Spa ˆ 1880 O‚Connor Drive,
4. Devon Spa ˆ 1410 Danforth Avenue,
5. Avita Day Spa ˆ 1834 Danforth Avenue,
6. La Bella Health Spa ˆ 1904 Danforth Avenue,
7. Natural Spa ˆ 2054 Danforth Avenue,
8. Zina‚s Day Spa ˆ 2124 Danforth Avenue,
9. Suzi‚s Spa ˆ 2318 Danforth Avenue.
The Toronto Police Service would like to thank members of the community for their assistance.