Fun eh? Klean Kanteens are priced to move! Contact Mary Margaret at firstname.lastname@example.org to get yours.
Family Day – Councillor, Sandra Bussin is hosting a free family skate from 1 – 4 p.m. on Monday, February 15th at Ted Reeve Arena (Main and Gerrard).
By the way – if you haven’t been to the Grinder cafe at Main and Gerrard – well gosh, you should go check it out. Formerly, Mercury Coffee Bar, this cafe serves up delicious hot drinks including artistically designed lattes, hot chocolates and hot lemon, ginger tea (just the thing when you’re not feeling quite perfect). There are also yummy treats like muffins, cookies and the like. And, they’re nice people to boot.
Art of the Danforth invites interested volunteers to our upcoming Strategy Update & Task Deployment sessions (in other words, they’re going to tell you about the current plans and volunteer opportunities and then try to recruit you into doing something):
Thursday Feb 11 & Thursday Feb 25 at LucSculpture Studio & Schools, 663 Greenwood, 6:30 – 9:00. (If you can only come for part of this time, that is fine!) Come for the people! Come for the fun! Stay to hear about:
- The 40+ artists and 40+ local businesses who will be presenting art of many types between April 23 & May 2 (don’t you want to know who’s participating… and who’s not?)
- The life-sized silhouettes that will be lurking along the art walk, in street planters, fences and more
- Guerilla art possibilities…you need to attend to learn more about that one!
- Workshops times and places where you can contribute:
- Stories about some of the iconic buildings / sites in our area such as the Crossroads or the Allenby (Roxy) theatre
- Photos of the neighbourhood to be compiled into large photo mosaics
- Stories, photos or drawings about YOU
Contact Cindy for more info at email@example.com
The Peace Theatre at Dawes Road is looking for a new general manager. E-mail me if you want more info.