Our “Regional” mini ping pong tournaments will be held June 1, 8 and 15 between 6-8pm using the new outdoor tables at Stephenson, East Lynn and Monarch parks. Winners from the “regional” tournaments will play in the finals to be held on June 22 between 6-8pm at East Lynn Park.
Another way to help is by making a donation to fund the scholarship via paypal. We are a not-for-profit and cannot issue tax receipts.
The History of TT4T
In 2016, DECA partnered with the Scadding Court Community Centre to award a $2,000 scholarship to a young person graduating from high school in our neighbourhood. Applicants had to demonstrate both community leadership experience and financial need.
In an effort to raise money for the scholarship, DECA launched the 1st Annual Table Tennis for Tuition tournament. We raised more than $2,000 and was able to award Chantelle Johnson with our first scholarship.
TT4T 2017 – Let’s Do It Again!
There will be 3 “regional” mini-tournaments held June 1, 8 and 15. These mini-tournaments will be held using the new outdoor tables at the following parks:
- East Lynn
- Monarch Park
The winners from the play-in tournaments will play in the finals to be held on June 22 at East Lynn Park.
Who can play?
Anyone over the age of 13 can put together a team of two players to face off in one of 2 leagues:
- Recreational – I love playing ping pong for fun!
- Competitive – I have some experience playing and have a spirit to win!
We can’t guarantee which night of play. Registrants need to be prepared to play any of the nights listed above and, should they win on their night, June 22 for the finals. There are no refunds.
What are the rules?
- This is singles play; one member of your team of 2 will play against one of the opposing team of 2 for each game.
- Each team consists of 2 players (can be 2 adults, 2 youth, or 1 adult + 1 youth).
- Your team will face off against your opponents in a best out-of-3 match.
- You and your partner MUST alternate EACH GAME until one of the teams has won the best of 3 match. For the 3rd game, if applicable, you can choose who plays.
- Each game goes to 21 points
- Players alternate serves every 5 points
Remember this is all for a good cause! Outdoor ping-pong can get windy. Some ref calls may be disputable. But at the end of the day this is for fun and for the support of our young leaders. So keep your spirits light!
How much does it cost?
We are asking that each player to donate $20 ($10 for 13-19 years of age) to the scholarship program for each entry into the tournament. (13 is our minimum age for players).
What can you win?
We will have trophies and prizes for three categories:
- Recreational League Champion
- Competitive League Champion
- Spirit Award – We are encouraging costumes, wigs and general zany-ness